The history of the atomic energy had deep roots in the times before the World War 2, long before the June 1954, the day when the first workable plant has started working. They had called this project “The Peaceful Atom” and so was the called the reactor of the first nuclear power plant. This site was the joint effort of the thousands of prominent Russian scientists and engineers and was built in record short terms, it took only three years from scheming the projects to actual location fully constructed.
Now the station stays quite and forgotten. From time to time the lucky ones can get permission from “MinAtom” - the Russian department dealing with all “Peaceful Atom” locations to get a trip there.